In the face of any great change, we confront three destructive impulses: to be alone and withdrawn, to deny or fantasize about the future that's coming, and to live with greed or scarcity instead of prosperity. This mantra counters these three tendencies and instills the mind with courage and caliber.
This practice for the Aquarian Age helps us act with integrity and clarity as teachers, healers, and leaders; so that we can remain human under the pressures of the times and the distractions of change, ego, and emotion.
This is the mantra for the Aquarian Age. When we chant it we affirm that we are timeless, deathless beings. This is one of the "Aquarian Sadhana" mantras. It is known for giving victory in all aspects of life.
Focus on the movement of the tongue and the sensation of the sound as it creates a time and space. Note the subtle difference in the meaning of the words Siri and Maha. Great (Siri) still has a touch of finiteness; Infinite (Maha) has no finiteness or form.
1. Sit in Easy Pose with a straight spine, and Neck Lock.
2. Left hand is in Gyan Mudra resting on the knee with the arm straight.
3. Raise the right hand to about 12 inches in front of the chest, holding the mantra sheet and concentrating on the written words as you chant.
4. If you don't have a mantra sheet, angle your hand as if you were reading a sheet of paper, with the palm open and the wrist straight.
5. Ideally, you would print the mantra on a sheet of paper and read the mantra as you chant.
6. Apply Neck Lock and look down the nose to see the mantra sheet or the palm. Focus the eyes, pay attention and don't drift. If you do not have the page to read from, use the palm but continue to focus.
Sat Siri Siri Akal: Truth, Projective Prosperity, Greatness, Great Undying One Who Knows No Death
Siri Akal Maha Akal: Great Undying One Who Knows No Death, Infinite Who is Deathless
Maha Akal Sat Nam: Infinite Who is Deathless, Truth as Identity, Identity of All That Is
Akal Murat Wahe Guru: Embodied Form, Image of the Infinite, Ecstatic Totality of God and Existence
8. Chant the mantra with the music. Become a symphony.
9. Practice 27 minutes for a 31-minute practice.
Part Two (2 min)
1. Continue chanting with the music.
2. Close the eyes and place the hands on the Heart Center, left palm on the heart, right palm resting on the left hand.
3. Press the hands firmly into the chest. Press hard.
Keep your hands on the heart and begin to whisper the mantra. Whisper powerfully for 1 minute.
Chant without the music for 1 minute.
To End: Inhale, exhale and relax.
© KRI. This kriya is courtesy of YB Teachings, LLC. Used with permission.
Yoga photos courtesy of www.kundalinimobile.com