To make your experience at Solstice more comfortable please bring the following items:
- Government issued Photo ID (passport, driver's license etc), this is needed to check-in at the event.
- Your Confirmation Email (presenting this on your phone is best)
- Close Toed Shoes (Not Sandals, for daily use)
- Layered clothing appropriate for yoga practice, karma yoga, and playing is necessary for this desert climate hot days and cool evenings.
- Hooded windbreaker
- Hat (for both sun and cold) and gloves
- Rain gear
- Sleeping bag, or whatever kind of bedding you have to keep you warm. Adobe Cabin bunks contain a thin mattress; please bring your own bedding. Morgan Cabins have cots (to make it a little more comfy a twin blow up mattress is nice).
- Headcover for Gurdwara and White Tantric Yoga if attending
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- Sheepskin or yoga mat
- Warm blanket or shawl, and/or coat for morning sadhana
- Toiletries (including sunscreen, lip balm, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.) and towels, these items are not for sale on-site
- Daypack to hold the things you will want to have with you over the course of each day. Please remember to keep valuables with you at all times, 3HO is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Flashlight with spare batteries
- White cotton clothing and white cotton head covering for White Tantric Yoga.
- Eating utensils, bowl, plate, cup (for hot and cold beverages), and cloth napkins
- Water bottle
- First Aid supplies (band-aids, tweezers, asprin/ibuprofen/acetaminophen, etc.)
- Almond Oil (to lubricate dry nostrils and skin)
- Feminine product supplies
- For those tenting, please bring a waterproof tent with a rain flap. Although rain is not common it does happen and when it does it can be torrential.
Please label your luggage with the following information: name, phone number, email and home address. Please Note: At Summer Solstice it is often quite hot and dry during the day. It often rains hard at least once. It can get cold at night.
What NOT to Bring To help maintain the health and long life of the Earth, we are conscious of preserving the ecological balance on-site. Please keep this in mind as you select items to bring with you.
- Please do not bring any aerosol sprays
- Use items that have only a minimum of disposable packaging
- If you must buy something for the event from Wal-Mart or another local store in New Mexico, please unpack the item at the store and leave the packaging down the hill, 2,000 people make an enormous amount of waste, we all need to help to reduce our impact.
- Do not bring disposable plates and cups
- Any flammable materials including candles, incense, lighters, and matches.
What NOT to Leave at Solstice
- Nothing should be left, we are working towards becoming a low impact site so please take with you whatever you bring!
- Do not donate your sleeping bags, tents, or any other articles you have bought or brought that you do not want to take home. Consider renting one of our tents and buying a sleeping bag that is meant for traveling that you will want to keep. We're working on keeping the planet green. Thank you for respecting this request.